Marking/GMS. TT field

VasylVasyl Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
I'm interesting what data shown in TT field in Marking?

I'd suppose degree.

but after reimport plt to PDS and check

Comments

• Jaye BrownJaye Brown Posts: 101 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Vasyl:

I've noticed your notation in Easy Marking is two decimal places (.00) while in PDS the notation is three decimal places (.000)...do you think this may impact why the measurement is reading slightly differently?

Jaye.
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
    Hi @Jaye Brown. As i found, the TI filed is related with units in LayLimits (degree/cm). 
    But TT - not. Last one shows tilt of pieces. But value no match cm as well degree.. That is question for me.
  • Jaye BrownJaye Brown Posts: 101 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Vasyl:

You are correct about the TI field.  From my understanding, TT = tilt amount and is related back to the TI field located in the Lay Limits Editor...as this fields defines the "maximum" amount of tilt allowed for pieces in the marker.  

Let's see if someone else can share more information for you, Vasyl...hope what I've shared is helpful:).

Jaye.
  • MuhammadOwaisMuhammadOwais Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    @Vasyl The TT shows the current angle on which the highlighted piece has tilted. The TI is the amount which effect the Manual Tilt per one right click when CW or CCW Tilt is selected from ToolBox in Marker Making...
    edited May 20
    @MuhammadOwais, thanx.

but i'm asking units in TT: degree or cm/inch.
    I'd discussion with some customer. After import marker as plt file i copied line from original piece's position and checked angle and distance of piece rotation. And both values are not match with TT in Marking. Exatcly degrees are closer. But difference is 2%.

PS:
    Just found the difference present cos we'd check another tallnes. There was 188 in PDS (base) and 176 in marker. 
    So. TT value in degrees. And no mater UNITS in LayLimits.
    But i found another issue. I set TI = 2cm. But pieces is rotated to 4cm.

It looks like piece is rotated over center to 2cm. Cos We got 4cm in fact.
     :o