AccuMark 10.4.0 What's New - New DXF Wizard identifies file format automatically
A new DXF Wizard has been created to assist in identifying the specific type of DXF file during data conversions imports. There are several type of DXF files that can be generated from a variety of different CAD systems, such as an ASTM/AAMA DXF, Standard DXF, or TIIP DXF. Each type of DXF contains separate import options and if communication between vendors and contractors is limited, it can be challenging to identify which type of DXF file to select to correctly import the file.
The DXF Wizard takes the guess work out of data conversions and automatically scans the DXF file to determine the correct file type. The DXF Wizard is also available in to use through the Data Conversion Utility or within Pattern Design. Note the existing DXF formats and options are still available to select as needed.
To import DXF files using the DXF Wizard:
1. Open either the Data Conversion Utility or Pattern Design.
2. In the File Type drop down, select DXF Wizard (*.dxf).
3. Browse to the location where the DXF file is stored and select the file to import.
4. If using the Data Conversion Utility, it is necessary to define a storage area to import the file.
5. Select Process in the DCU to convert or Open in Pattern Design. The DXF wizard will work to
autommatically determine the DXF import file type and convert the file. If the DXF Wizard
determines the selected file is a Standard DXF, those import options will also automatically
6. The Import Result summary will display and identify the DXF type, source system and version as well as available grade information.