Software for remote classes.

VasylVasyl Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
Who has expirience with remote classes for few persons?
What software you recomend?

Comments

• Michael CookseyMichael Cooksey Posts: 329 Gerber Staff 💛
    @Vasyl how many people do you plan on working with, and what sort of features do you need? 
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    @Michael Cooksey. I'm interesting to makeAccuMark's classes for 5 person or less. 
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 446 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited March 25
    @Vasyl
    Please check the Facebook LIVE video and attached. Remote for a few users is easy. But...the main question is how! Do you have VPN access? With VPN you have many choices - remote to the location and get to the drives for data and network license to run remotely from anywhere, as long as "seats" are available. With dongles, you can also remote to the station or use dongle at home. Team Viewer requires no VPN. Then, you pay for Team Viewer licenses from Team Viewer (not Gerber) and install software and license on the the office system and remote to the station from the remote. It is slower but totally possible to run the system in the office without changing any connections in the factory.

Do you also have schools and universities looking for alternatives?
  • Michael CookseyMichael Cooksey Posts: 329 Gerber Staff 💛
    @Vasyl all of the suggestions @Kathy Valade made are probably the best. I would add if you're just looking to do some casual tutorials or meetings, then platforms like Slack, Google Hangouts or Skype might meet your needs, and are easily accessible by many. BUT: like I said, only for casual web meetings and not a formal training. Good luck!
    @Vasyl - sorry - misread you wanted remote classes not connections. GerberU.com has many remote class offerings. Are you looking for remote-live instruction in local language?

@Vasyl - you would teach the classes?
    edited March 25
    I have to teach persons located far. 
    They will have own keys or just one my key.
    So i'll control screen of them, and they have to see mine... Sone voice connection or skype conference...

I meet NetSchool far ago. Maybe now is some better solutions. Cos i i k what is the best.
    edited March 25
    Have you tried Zoom? That's a leading application for conferencing and screen sharing for teaching and some schools in USA use Skype as well to take over student's system to demonstrate lessons.
    Kathy Valade сказав:
    Have you tried Zoom? That's a leading application for conferencing and screen sharing for teaching
    Thanx. I'll check it
    There's a free option, too - limited to 40 minute sessions but I think you can manage that for instruction in bits and pieces