Piece info in marker maker

NellyNelly Posts: 5
Using V12 in most places now. How to make piece info visible as normal in the marker maker? Marker information is not important for me as I want to use it to plot compactly and save paper when plotting.

Comments

• VasylVasyl Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    Hi. If you whant see piece's name then turn on tips in settings.

• NellyNelly Posts: 5
    not just the name, category, description, etc. I want the annotation the same like you plot pieces. 
    A MarkerMaker showes piece name and size, bundel. Other you may add manually on pieces in PDS. And show it in MarkerMaker.

May i ask you for why you need this?
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 424 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited February 10
    The internals are turned on when you edit Settings for Internals and set your Annotation option to "FULL"
    The internals are turned on when you edit Settings for Internals and set your Annotation option to "FULL"
    That doesn't seem to do anything in my case. I also edited annotation files differently, to see any changes there, but still 'FULL' didn't change. Can you let me know please if there is a specific way to write the annotation file for the marker to show as full?

Vasyl said:
    A MarkerMaker showes piece name and size, bundel. Other you may add manually on pieces in PDS. And show it in MarkerMaker.

May i ask you for why you need this?

To save paper. I am used to Optitex marker which is very versatile and automatic. I used to plot or save dxf from Optitex marker. Trying to use Accumark in similar way. I also saw one studio do this with Accumark. But it was my early days of switching, so couldn't register what they had been doing :)
    I'm sorry but... More info on pieces will make workplace not clear... That why pieces info show  in Marker info. As well model, size, buffer or block applied. Here you may turn on pieces highligth. There are usual piece name consist of model, fabric type, exactly piecename (front...). Ususal, category is just piece name - front. All this you will see over piece. Size and bundle is showh also...
    I cann't understand what you need more but. As i wrote prev, you may add piece annotation in PDS and it shoulbe displied on pieces too
    edited February 15
    Vasyl said:
    I'm sorry but... More info on pieces will make workplace not clear... That why pieces info show  in Marker info. As well model, size, buffer or block applied. Here you may turn on pieces highligth. There are usual piece name consist of model, fabric type, exactly piecename (front...). Ususal, category is just piece name - front. All this you will see over piece. Size and bundle is showh also...
    I cann't understand what you need more but. As i wrote prev, you may add piece annotation in PDS and it shoulbe displied on pieces too

It is like asking why you need a new versions of the soft. Every user deals with different problems and naturally wants different solutions. Especially when you work with different other CAD,s you notice where are the advantages and disadvantages. You miss the features you had on the other etc.
    The way we are plotting with Accumark wastes a lot of paper. I don't need the bundle and etc, I explained it already above.
    When there is no such feature, I wishGerber personnel just wrote it. Not just left us hanging there without the answer. or worse, question the question :)

edited February 16
    @Nelly, you are absolutely rigth. 
    Offen i iace up a some unexpected questions from customer moved enother CADs. 
    That's why solutions may be different. As you wrote. Cos i need to hear reason of questions.
    You are not explain how piece category can save paper.
    But you wrote about plt/dxf in optitex. Ok. You can generate plt/dxf from marker in accumark too. Just change plotter's path to DOSFILE/FILE while sending marker to plotter. There open View-plotprefere nce in MarkerPlot Utility and configure format and path to save last one 

About another text on pieces i i wrote allready. 
    :)

PS. About missed features. I suppose a Accumark is "older" software then Optitex. Each new version includes son features asked by customers. And i guess here aren't situations that can be present in production. :)
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 424 Gerber Staff 💛
    PDS annotation is not using annotation lines. If you have this on your pieces, it is turned on/off  in the P-Marker Plot Parameter table.