cutting point on laser cutter

VasylVasyl Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
A pieces transfering to laser cutter as hpgl files.
So i need cut/burn point on piece.
1. Internal D labeled as + to big.
2. A minimum circle can be with 2mm diameter. This is to big too.
3. I tried internal D labelad as "." (point). Set in annotation SY8601. But in real its vertical line length 1mm.  
4. I draw internal length 0.01cm. Set lael to plot solid. But it lost in hpgl...

Any ideas how cut/burn point on laser cutter?

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 424 Gerber Staff 💛
    HPGL files do not use cutter attributes. What type of laser cutter is this for?
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    Hi, @Kathy Valade. Today i got some answer from customer.
    Here are formats for import to cutter: .plt, .ai, .dxf, .dst, .p01, .nc.
    But take in mind the customer use PDS only.

Some laser cutters are using .PDF and you can save a model or a marker 1:1 as PDF. If you have .nc then you can differentiate perimeter cut lines from internal lines. I would recommend cut format when you have it but that would be a marker. If you only have PDS, then generate the file as a .plt, .dxf or .PDF but I don't think you can choose which lines are cut on which layers.
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    @Kathy Valade, the customer usual cuting markers. I'd teach them use SampleMarker. And they satisfied. 
    But cut/burn Drills as + not good. To big.and wish to got a point. That's why i created topic to hear as guruad well another customers who has real experience with drils on laser cutters
  • Karin MeschzanKarin Meschzan Posts: 25 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Vasyl,
    please contact your local Gerber support to help with this.
    You first indicated they used PDS only and now mention markers. The requirements for laser cutters and other cutting equipment is specified by that company and AccuMark has the ability to generate plot and cut format data plus PDF now. Please contact your local Gerber Support if you need additional assistance.