Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

Why does my Gerber Sabre 408 get stuck in processing, then freezes, looses files

Why does my Gerber Sabre 408 gets stuck in processing,  then freezes, looses files.
Sometimes it makes it and it cuts a small project,  majority of the time it looses the files or cuts a part of it then the file seems to disappear as if it completed the job.
Could it be a network cable, Software malfunction, or hardware defect?   I've exhausted all my own tech savy(didn't take too long:)
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

Answers

• Adam FosterAdam Foster Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi @Reimenator,
    It is hard to troubleshoot an issues such as you describe on this forum. I would start with checking the cable going from the PC to the Sabre. If you see any wear points on the cable I would recommend replacing it. If that cable looks good check the connections on the control box, disconnect and reconnect the cables and check for wear going from the control box to the motors and components on the Sabre. With the power to the sabre off try moving the cables and then powering up the sabre and see if anything changes. its possible a cable has a short or it could be an issue with the boards.
    As with any issue where equipment was working then stops I would recommend you contact Service. If  you are located in the United states they can be reached at 800-828-5406 if you are outside of the USA please contact your Gerber authorized distributor. For a list of Distributors please visit  https://www.gerbertechnology.com/contact-us/sign-graphics-contacts/