Parsing plotter.ini failure

BentincksBentincks Posts: 2
Hi,

We have the Accuplot 320 and running winplot. We keep getting the following error: 

Parsing plotter.ini failure

Any ideas on how we can fix this?

Thanks

Comments

• Jost LindemannJost Lindemann Posts: 46 Gerber Staff 💛
    Bentincks,

the file "Plotter.ini" resides in the queue-directory of the particular plotter. Where the actually is located, depends on your configuration.

If it is a local plotter (no QUEUE-variable set), you can find it in "C:\userroot\devq\plotter". If a QUEUE-variable is set, you need to look into the queue-directory for this file

Some common reasons why you may receive this error:

- plotter.ini is not present and cannot be created ,because the folder where it is located is write-protected or cannot be created for other reasons. If it is located on a server, the file may be locked by the servers-oberating system. 

-the defaults from "C:\userroot\system\plotter\AP100.ini" (and .OLD and .INF) are not present or corrupted. (Be aware that there is no AP320ini etc.)

You may re-install the Accumark-SW to create a proper system\plotter-directory.

• BentincksBentincks Posts: 2
    Thanks, can I make proper system\plotter-directory without the accumark-SW as the plotter is running off a separate computer to our Accumark software. We transfer the .PLT files via memory stick.

I've attached an image of the folder as I'm not 100% with what I'm looking at.

Thanks
  • Jost LindemannJost Lindemann Posts: 46 Gerber Staff 💛
    Yes, you can run the plotter without having AM installed (only WinPlot), but the directory structure is the same ("C:\userroot\devq\plotter".
    In case something is wrong, you may end the wplotter.exe task and delete the queue-directory using Windows-explorer. If the wplotter.exe is restarted, the needed files will be copied into the queue directory.

• VasylVasyl Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    I've got same issue. In My case customer uses one infinity, but a few pc sendind plot files with Winplot. No AccuMark.
    Is your case same?