Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

Save as DXF issues

I was wanting to save some markers into the DXF format, but with about 65% of the markers they always come with weird distortions in the patterns when I save. It makes large bubbles in parts of the pattern and sometimes it screws up the notches. Any idea on how to save files as DXF and keep the pattern integrity? 

Thanks in advanced for any input!!

Answers

• there are different methods or exporting into DXF.

I use Data conversion Utility to Export Markers.

But you're right, there are always issues with DXF in or out.

Once I export my files then I open in Cutworks and scale into mm. However, I do loose data and things are not the same like the seams change to a solid line etc. 

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Can you send any data or screen shots of the distortions?  What version of AccuMark are you on?  I don't have very many issues with dxf files.  What is your end goal, where are these dxf files going to?  
  • I use Cutworks and Cutdesigner. I have this layout which works great on my gerber, then I save as dxf….

… and get this

I just need to be able to export these to DXF without these bubbles appearing..
  • Can you send any data or screen shots of the distortions?  What version of AccuMark are you on?  I don't have very many issues with dxf files.  What is your end goal, where are these dxf files going to?  
    DXF files are being migrated over to Solidworks for some 3d modeling project. We're on CutWorks and CutDesigner. Here's what the layout looks like, and then I save as DXF anndd...

Get this.

There's no obvious gap or anything in cutworks but save it as a DXF and this bubbles out. It seems to happen between notches sometimes and other times it could be a straight line doing this. It makes exporting and importing a dxf take 3x as long as it should and this is an alright part, some have 15-20 bubbles in them.
  • Can you send any data or screen shots of the distortions?  What version of AccuMark are you on?  I don't have very many issues with dxf files.  What is your end goal, where are these dxf files going to?  
    DXF files are being migrated over to Solidworks for some 3d modeling project. We're on CutWorks and CutDesigner. Here's what the layout looks like, and then I save as DXF anndd...

Get this.

There's no obvious gap or anything in cutworks but save it as a DXF and this bubbles out. It seems to happen between notches sometimes and other times it could be a straight line doing this. It makes exporting and importing a dxf take 3x as long as it should and this is an alright part, some have 15-20 bubbles in them.
  • @SilentKnight Are these Pieces married together or individual...???