Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

Cutworks: Toolpath options/sequence

Our markers/nests are not responding to the Toolpath Options settings in Cutworks. We use multiple tools on a DCS2500 and are trying to force the pen and drag knife to run (internals) first and second across all parts before cutting part perimeters with the wheel cutter. We have the pen and drag knife set to 1 and 2 respectively (wheel cutter is 5) and Across Parts set to Yes, then RetoolpathAll, and yet the outcome is that the part perimeters are cut before all the internals are completed. Is there an override setting that I am missing?  

Best Answer

• David OrsiniDavid Orsini Posts: 27 Gerber Staff 💛
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Fraserh,

There are a few things that could cause this.  Are the parts in the marker grouped into parts?  If they are not then the Toolpath Options will not work.  If they are grouped then the next possible thing would be the Optimize Window check box.  Many times when running a DCS2500 I recommend not checking Optimize Window unless there is a specific reason for it.

Answers

• FraserhFraserh Posts: 3
    Thanks David, from the initial testing our operator has done today, it appears that the Optimize Window checkbox was the correct answer. When leaving this unchecked, we were able to sequence the tools as expected. Any idea what the purpose of Optimize Window is?
    Hello Fraserh,
    The Optimize Window check box is used on the conveyor single-ply cutting systems such as the DCS3600 cutter.  Because a conveyor can only cut a small area before the conveyor moves we Toolpath in a Window size equal to the cut window and then advance the conveyor.  Each tome toe conveyor advances the Toolpath settings are applied to that bite.

I hope this helps clear up the Optimize Window setting a little.

David
  • FraserhFraserh Posts: 3
    Thanks. I get it now. Our Optimize Window size was 245 (default), however, since we are in NZ we set our units to metric, so while the default is 245 inches, ours was set at 245mm (9.6 inches)! Of course, we didn't spot this until hovering the cursor over the number to reveal the units.
    I find that for most applications there is no need for an Optimize Window on a DCS2500 cutter.  Glad you were able to fix the issue.