Image placing in GMS

VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
Hi. Is posible to work with images in pieces on GMS? I mean Create-place, edit, grade?

Comments

• Barry FuhrmanBarry Fuhrman Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello @Vasyl
    Images can be viewed in Easy Marking but not created or modified. All image modification takes place in PDS, including creation, rotation, scaling, grading, and so on.
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    edited November 14
    PDS Image - Create-Edit-Place-Grade functionality is available in PE-PDS-GMS, PE-PDS versions (PE=Professional Edition) and Image Edition.  Image Edition license is a limited version of PDS that allows for image functionality with no marking, cut process, batch available.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Barry Fuhrman сказав:
    Hello @Vasyl
    Images can be viewed in Easy Marking but not created or modified. All image modification takes place in PDS, including creation, rotation, scaling, grading, and so on.
    :(
    We have request from few small production that working with images. And prinr placing is a function of marker makers. Not Parten makers...
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Kathy Valade сказав:
    PDS Image - Create-Edit-Place-Grade functionality is available in PE-PDS-GMS, PE-PDS versions (PE=Professional Edition) and Image Edition.  Image Edition license is a limited version of PDS that allows for image functionality with no marking, cut process, batch available.
    What is price of Image edition vs PDS?
    @Vasyl Please reach out to your local Gerber Sales office for that information.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    @Kathy Valade, I'd check download library and find the ImageEdition avaible only 11 version (but WhatNew there is from 10.4). Is it possible to get any documentation with list features/functions of Image Edition software.
    We've project where image's operation should make marker maker... So it should be or IE+PDS workplace or separate 2pc. 
    But in last case price sounds like PDS+GMS

You would need PE-PDS-GMS in order to make images and markers on one PC. Otherwise, you could make the images on an Image Edition but then you still need GMS for marking and therefore, separate 2 pcs
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    @Kathy Valade, my apologies. I made missprint. Have to write "So it should be or IE+GMS workplace or separate 2pc"

And second question. Is it available IEv12.1 to download as separate stuff? Or a accumark's family includes last one?
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    So... GMS allow:
    1. Grade (scale) image.
    2. Grade anchor - grade position of image
    3. Not allow to move image. But allow to move line - anchor of image.
    But now allow: add, edit, rotate... Curious
    Images in PDS can be placed, rotated and moved, flipped, edited for L/R placement, graded and scaled. There are different image types depending on your needs: fabric images which are defined by fabric type, trim images for printing, label images, and edge finish for buttons, stitching, etc.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    Hi, @Barry Fuhrman. Do you mean IE or GMS?

Today i open PDS on GMS license. And Place function in Create menu was grey. As well Edit-images-Properties. 
    But Grade - Scale was available. 
    I'd check on v12
    edited November 17
    Hi @Vasyl
    As Kathy explained, it would need  to be a PE PD/GMS version to see all tools available. As you saw, limited functionality is available with GMS (because the entire Grading tab is available in GMS, you were able to access the Grade> Scale).

• VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Thanks both @Kathy Valade & @Barry Fuhrman.

I'm interesting in features of IE except images. Is it posdible there create, produce order, automark, send marker to plotter?
    @Vasyl Image Edition for V12 is on GerberNet now. 
    Please note that this is for image functionality only! It is not to be installed on AccuMark PE or AE system.

IMAGE EDITION ONLY- AccuMark Image Edition (AccuMark IE) provides graphic designers with placement tools for textile and trim images on AccuMark pattern pieces to drive the digital printing process. AccuMark Image Edition is its own edition, with a subset of AccuMark functionality particularly targeted for graphic designers, not to be installed on an AccuMark PE or AccuMark AE system
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Thanx @Kathy Valade. Just we install it on clear system i found aexplire, pds shortcuts. But i can be wrong. Is it possible to see it? Demo mode in cloud or else?
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Does PDS can generate marker pdf for digital print?!
    I mean next scheme.
    A paterrn maker creates patern on one PC 
    A designer prepare imagers on second PDS. Process order, automark. And?! Create from marker print file for digital print?
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Hi here.
    Can anybody check is it preseent SaveAs marker in accumarkExploere on PDS key?
    i mean:
    found marker in axplorer,
    Rigth button click,
    SaveAs image,
    Save 1:1