Osmin

I have an Infinity 85 plotter, it shows the error 015 timeout waiting for X to home.
Can someone help me to solve?
Thanks

Answers

• Jost LindemannJost Lindemann Gerber Staff 💛
    Osmin,

Homing X means to retract the cartridge-carriage to its home-position within the head. If there is a timeout, means, the cartridge-carriage does not move in time onto its home-position. 
    This can be caused by either a mechanical problem or a malfunctioning sensor/electronic.

Check this:

Does the motor stuck ? Is the spindle moving? Is the spindle fixed to the cartridge-carriage?
    There is a small plastic-bracket that moved into a U-shaped sensor. Is this bracket still there?
    Is the sensor acting properly (check LED on control-PCA).

Hops this helps.

• using İnfinity İnterface, X calibration in diagnostic menu. 
  • Hello Jost, Thanks for your kind help. The motor is now working and the plotter initialize... everything looks working well but when I plot a marker, the cartridge moves but does not print anything. I changed to a new cartridge, tried all Diagnostic test but not working. I notice the led at the back of the cartridge card does not turn on during printing. What can I do?
    Thanks
  • Jost LindemannJost Lindemann Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Osmin,

one question: you said, "the cartridge". An Inf85 has two cartridges, an Infinity 1 or 45 has a single cartridge. What type do you have? The 85 has a bulk-ink- system with two cartridges.

Is your cartridge working proper: when taking the cartridge out and touching it with the print-jets to a tissue: is there ink visible on the tissue? If not, try to clean the printhead-jets with some alcohol, but don't shake the cartridges, air may be drawn into the jets.

If the cartridge works fine, check the volatages on the IDC (located on top of the print head).
    All voltages should be present. Pay attention to 28V and 10V as well as to all other voltages.

If these voltages are present, several failures may cause this:

No signals sent from Control-PCA 
    IDC-PCA broken
    Printhead-PCA (the one where the cartridge is attached to) is broken.

Hope this helps.

Jost
  • Hi Osmin,

As Jost stated check first voltages on IDC brd. If you have new HP brd try it first, the LED should be ON as I remember. I had similar issue (no ink fired from cartridge and no light behind the HP brd)

regards
    Krzysztof