How to convert Gerber PDS files to .prj (ET) Files

mpmsmmmpmsmm Posts: 8
The factory I am working with cannot open the files I am sending them because they use the software program ET2000. The file type they can open are .prj types. 
This is for clothing, and I do not have autoCAD. If you need any more information please comment on this thread. Thank you for your help!

Best Answers

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 562 Gerber Staff 💛
    Accepted Answer
    You can export AccuMark pieces and models as ASTM DXF or in Standard DXF or HPGL format for pieces and markers. Programs that support these formats can import the data. The data can be exported using the AccuMark Data Conversion Utility, PDS or plot processing. 
  • mpmsmmmpmsmm Posts: 8
    Accepted Answer
    You can export AccuMark pieces and models as ASTM DXF or in Standard DXF or HPGL format for pieces and markers. Programs that support these formats can import the data. The data can be exported using the AccuMark Data Conversion Utility, PDS or plot processing. 
    Hi Kathy,

thanks for replying. So just to confirm, I can convert Accumark pieces to .dxf files from PDS?
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 562 Gerber Staff 💛
    Accepted Answer
    Yes. The Data Conversion Utility is for batching the work and PDS uses the same options but on a piece by piece or model basis in the File Save As menu. The alternative is to generate plot files and set your Piece Plot Options to DXF if you want Standard DXF (non graded-ACAD type data). You can then plot from PDS by selecting all the pieces and outputting as one .DXF file. To set this up, go to Preferences - Plot Tab and check the box for this option. It is for HPGL and DXF formats.