Meet Mary: The Patternmaker Who Perfected Production! http://bit.ly/MaryTheHero

double notch

I know that some businesses have a lot of notch styles.  How do to make a double notch? For ex. the back of the sleeve and its armseye.  When I imported the sleeve with a double slit notch, it turned into a single slit notch.

Comments

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    What format was the original file imported from, dxf? can you share the file here?  I may be something in the settings that can be changed.  AccuMark does not have a "double notch"  each notch is its own separate entity so it is possible that it is dropping one of the notches because it is not something recognized in AccuMark.

• Jaye BrownJaye Brown Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi SL Stone:

You can use the reference notch function in Create.  You will find there is an option to group notches so you can indicate the back sleeve of the armscye.  You will need to select a reference point for the notch (which is a bit different from when creating standard notch), but once the reference point is selected, then you will see the double notches you are needing.  I hope this is clear and helpful.

Jaye.
  • SLStoneSLStone
    Lisa, I had the feeling it had to do with the import.  Just thought it might be an easy way.
    Jaye, I needed to place a second one .25" from the original and found that using reference notch in value mode worked the best.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭ ✭✭✭
    @SLStone , exactly you can transform any notch to double, triple,... Just open notch properties (Edit - Informtion - Notch,  or RBM) and check group... 
    Not just reference. The last one keeps distance from original point and can be used anywere.

About conversion. As wroute @Lisa Lowell , the best way share sample of file. If you afraid share with model then ask your partnet present file with 2 pieces enougth