Meet Mary: The Patternmaker Who Perfected Production! http://bit.ly/MaryTheHero

What are .mdl files?

Hi there, I have a bunch of .mdl files (pattern files I think) from a CMT factory who used to do our work. I need to get them converted to Gerber zip files. Could anyone tell me the best way to do this?
Cheers
Nicki

Comments

• Jaye BrownJaye Brown Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Nicki:

.Mdl files are Lectra files—you should be able to import to Accumark using the Data Conversion Utility (DCU) located in Accumark Explorer if the .mdl files are version 7 or lower. 

If not, then ask vendor to send files as V7 as Lectra has encrypted higher level data which only can be read Lectra to Lectra.

Jaye
  • Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Another way to open the files is in Pattern Design.  You can use file/open change the files of type to mdl, select the files.  Also make sure you check the box to open in seperate work area this way each model will open in a separate tab. here you can check the files perimeter lines and grading.  Once you have checked them you can save them to the storage area of your choice.
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    And if the mdl file is not compatible you can export from Lectra as ASTM DXF files which are compatible with AccuMark and most apparel CAD systems.