Meet Mary: The Patternmaker Who Perfected Production! http://bit.ly/MaryTheHero

Piece file format for Accumark 7 import

Hi

Can someone please advise what file format is required to import patterns from 3rd party digitised pattern data into Accumark version 7.

Would it be .dxf? - or something else

Thanks

Gordon

Comments

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Unless you have the AAMA conversion key the only files you can read are AccuMark files and they would need to be in AccuMark version 7 format.  You need to upgrade, this software is very old and sitting on a very old unsecure operating system.  Your data is at risk.
  • Thanks Lisa

Agree software is very old. Like me, 39 years working with Gerber software..

Data is good though. Data is kept on network drives and backed up daily.

Unsure if I have a AAMA conversion key... would this be a Dongle, similar to the Accumark dongle keys?

You would have a dongle that says AAMA on it.  On version 7 you can create a dxf file but you cannot read one without the conversion.  Age is experience, wisdom, and knowledge without the the haste of youth :)
  • Thanks Lisa...

Unfortunately as I thought, no dongle..

I have an ex colleague that works with V10. Would it be possible for her to take the .dxf file (or other format), and have in imported into her system, then export the piece data using Accumark explorer and creating a zip file. Could I then import into my storage area?

Are they backwards compatible?

Thanks

Hello Gordon,
    AccuMark version 8.5 was the last version that could convert back to version 7.  You would need to find someone who has version 8.5   Once the data in on an 8.5 machine there is a function in AccuMark explorer called "export v8 models and pieces to V7"  You can see if there are any services out there that do this for a fee.