PDS 12.1 not starting

VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
edited September 5 in AccuMark
On this PC, find problem report, PDS not starting.
PDS SCR #APDS-6427

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    Can you launch with "run as admin"? I see this is Windows 10 Pro Enterprise. Do you also have an enterprise policy for antivirus? Are programs white-listed according to the troubleshooting guidelines? Key being read, no power sleep setting to usb?
  • Kristin RitterKristin Ritter Gerber Staff 💛
    AccuMark 12.1 must be installed on Windows 10 64 bit os. It appears this work station is running a 32 bit. 

You can check the system type with the following steps:

Open the Settings app by pressing Windows+i , then System, then About

On the right side, look for the “System type” entry

• VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    same problem on another PC of this customer after update windows to win10 x64.
    but Accumark lesft v12.
    problem report i'd apply.
    On both cases AccuMark Explorer is working. But with local drives only.  
    It see network drives but cann't browse any storage.
    All users working with empty passwords. The file share is placed on some windows workstation.
    Before updating windows same version accumark - 12 - works fine om windows7.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    @Kathy Valade, i'd try as admin, check system compatible (win10 define the V12 compatible with win8), add accumark folders ti white list, turn off antivirus....  no success.

@Kristin Ritter, there is win10x64. On x32 the V12.1 version wishn't install.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    on configuration V12 + win10x64 i'd launch PDS after set default settings. It opens model from local drive, but freezes just open network areas.
    I've seen this before. Are you referring in V12 when you open PDS and go to look up a storage area, you see the C: drive but not the network drives? Sometimes the lookup field for pieces and models on the network drive storage areas does not always appear. I have seen this before. Be sure you have permissions to it and check the Gerber key in registry.  Also, try renaming the sil2000 key and then reopen PDS to create the new key. Does that help?  

• VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    @Kathy Valade. Set default settings - I mean rename registry key.
    Exactlt PDS see network drives and storages, but freese when I open area (lookup). There is same situation with explorer. It see network drives/storages but freese just I try open last ones.

My suggestion issue with network/user access properties. Cos on win7 had work fine.

Today here is work tome expired. Cos I hope to get some suggestions/solutions and try next time.
    If it is freezing only in Windows 10? Are you sure the network drives on PC have FULL permissions in policy login to the network drive - read-write-modify-delete?
    Without it, it will freeze up. However, it will also freeze if you do not have exceptions for DataScan.exe to run freely to update the drives and sync in AM-Explorer.
    Does datascan run through the drives really fast? Do more checks here.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Oops. I miss datascan. But with antivirus turned off there was same situation.
    I'd add sil2000, sil2000launcher, axplore....
    I'll add datascan tommorow too.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    edited September 6
    so.
    Win10Pro x64 + AM v12.1.
    All path, datascan, acmkmngr, acmksetup, sil2000, sil2000launcher .... added in white lis as ESET Antivirus as in Windows defender. Ests uninstaled, windows defender turned off, smatr screen - turned off too. All network drives disconected. the AccuMArk reinstaled.
    AMExplorer open local storages well. Before as network storages.
    But PDS not launches.
    I'd try "as admin", "check windows compatible...(win8)"
    I found in windows logger some messages.

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 09/06/2019 10:55:42
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N / A
    Computer: DESKTOP-ANNA
    Description:
    Bad application name: sil2000.exe, version: 12.1.0.233, timestamp: 0x5cefc09c
    Failed module name: sil2000.exe, version: 12.1.0.233, timestamp: 0x5cefc09c
    Exception Code: 0xc000001d
    Error Offset: 0x000000000035c9e3
    Failed Process ID: 0x1a90
    Application start-up time: 0x01d5648879f370a1
    Bad application path: C: \ Program Files \ Gerber Technology \ AccuMark V12 \ AccuMark \ sil2000.exe
    Failed module path: C: \ Program Files \ Gerber Technology \ AccuMark V12 \ AccuMark \ sil2000.exe
    Report ID: 39cddbd4-155b-414b-af87-779df463476a
    Full name of the failed package:
    Bad application related code:

Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 09/06/2019 10:55:42 Event ID: 1005 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N / A Computer: DESKTOP-ANNA Description: There is no access to the file for one of the following reasons: either there were problems with the network connection, the disk with the file or the repository with the drivers installed on this computer, or this disk is missing. PDS MFC Application will close due to this error. Program: PDS MFC Application File:
    The error code is given in the Additional Data section.
    User action
    1. Open the file again. The problem may be temporary and will correct itself by restarting the program.
    2. If the file is still not accessible, and at the same time:
    - it is located on a network drive, the network administrator must verify that the network is working properly and that there is access to the server;
    - it is located on a removable disk, such as a floppy disk or CD, make sure that the disk is fully inserted in the computer.
    3. Check and restore the file system using the CHKDSK command. To run the CHKDSK command, click Start, Run, type CMD and click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK / F, and then press ENTER.
    4. If the problem persists, restore the file from the archive copy.
    5. Check if you can open other files on the same drive. If not, it is possible that the disk is damaged. If it is a hard drive, contact your system administrator or hardware manufacturer for assistance.

Additional data
    Error Value: 00000000
    Drive Type: 0

Log Name: Application
    Source: Windows Error Reporting
    Date: 09/06/2019 10:55:44
    Event ID: 1001
    Task Category: None
    Level: Details
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N / A
    Computer: DESKTOP-ANNA
    Description:
    Error container 1218940666472678141, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: No data
    CAB ID: 0

Problem Signature:
    P1: sil2000.exe
    P2: 12.1.0.233
    P3: 5cefc09c
    P4: sil2000.exe
    P5: 12.1.0.233
    P6: 5cefc09c
    P7: c000001d
    P8: 000000000035c9e3
    P9:
    P10:

Attached Files:
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    edited September 6
    NEXT PC.
    Win10pro x64 + AMv12.0!!!!
    The explorere and PDS opens only local data.

it freezing on "Building list".  Network drives connected with read+write+full access.
    All accumark's parth and datascan, acmkmngr....,axplore... in white list of both antivirus software. Besides ESET, Windows defender, SmartScreen, FireWall is stoped.

!!!PS.
    Issue releted with Cyrilic named windows user. Adding Latinic named user with password fixed this problem. 
    @Vasyl - thank you for this information! Very useful for support and I will pass this along. 
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    @Kathy Valade, you're welcome againe 
    But what I've to do with 1st case? V12.1 PDS not launch?!

I fix just v12.0 issue.
    V12.1 PDS is on Win10 64bit now correct? Does it launch if you right click and Run as Admin?
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    1. Yes - v12.1 on win10pro x64, as I wroute before and had attach problrp report 

2. Run as admin doesn't help as run in compatible mode.

All pathes , datascan, acmkmngr, ..., Sil2000 in white list. Antivirus eset uninstalled, windows defender stopped... Network drives disconnected....
    Find my 2nd back post, please.