Rule Table

Hello, I imported some zip files from outside pattern maker but when I tried to find the rule table used, I am able to see the size by looking at change base size in pattern design.  But when I search for the rule table in explorer, there is no existing rule table with the size range.  Is there a reason why?  Is it because rule table is not always necessary to add size to a pattern piece? 

Comments

• Hi @pli, We are in the process of finding an answer for your question. Thanks for your patience! 
  • Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    You do not need a rule table to have a graded piece.  Initially, you do but the parts and the rule table do not constantly "talk" to each other.  If you changed the grade rule amounts on a piece it does NOT update the rule table.  So if you have pieces that are graded but do not have the grade rule table you can export those rules to a new grade rule table using the grade\modify\export rules function.  This function will allow you to export rules to an existing or create a new table.  Once you create the new table I would use the function grade\size line\assign rule table to apply that grade rule table to all the parts in that style to avoid any processing errors if creating markers.