Database mismatch error message

plipli Posts: 3
Hello, I have set up a shared drive using one drive.  My freelancer is able to see the files he added to the storage, but in the accumark utilities, he sees error message of "DATABASE mismatch in storage area".  I am not able to see the files he added, by also, my accumark utilities does not have the same error message.  Does anyone have experience with this and know what would be the solution?  Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Katie KreiderKatie Kreider Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Hello @pli , I moved your question to the AccuMark, from YuniquePLM, category to make sure it gets seen by someone from that team. I'll see if we can track someone down to assist. Thanks for your patience!
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 508 Gerber Staff 💛
    What version of software is this happening on and have you run Check All and Check One storage area functions? Then Am-Explorer - Refresh - Ctrl + F5 keys will also work. You must refresh (datascan.exe) in order to update and re-sync \\userroots on  network drives. 
  • LanGerberVNLanGerberVN Posts: 7
    Hi @Kathy,
    our customer's PC had V12 installed recently, they got problem changing USERENRONVIREMENT and changing PATH and browsing storage ares in PDS. Pressing Ctrl-F5 fix that. My question is what cause that? and how to fix it? 
    Kind regards,
    Lan from Vietnam (once attended PDS2000 training in HK 22 years ago)
    edited June 22
    When you reinstall software, especially on a new PC/laptop, the paths are reset to the defaults. Always check your paths in PDS Preference on the PATH and PLOT tabs to avoid issues like "annotation not found on disk". If you rename the storage area originally set on the PDS Preferences PATH tab,it will not be found and then you will have invalid information in the data fields for Annotation, P-Notch, etc. Also, whenever you create a new storage area, it  will always have default names and values unless you have a default storage area to reference in AccuMark Utilities.

To specify a default storage area, go to AccuMark Explorer-Options (AccuMark Utilities) and set your Default Storage Area. Then, new storage areas will take on the SAME values of the named default storage area. This allows you to set up new storage areas with the same basic information like rule tables, P-User Environment values, annotation, etc. 

You should also take the opportunity to use the AccuMark Explorer-Options to Export User Settings for PDS-AccuMark Explorer-Easy Marking. Then, if your paths and settings need to match your intended defaults, the Import Settings will update all the paths to exactly what you desire going forward. Hope this helps!

edited June 22
    Hi Kathy,
    Not that basic. Problem is that datascan.exe did not work, so PDS can not see all the tables set in Path! After pressing Ctrl-F5 in AmEx, problem fixed. Please check why datascan.exe not works, and how to fix it so that it work as previous versions.
    Thank you!
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    edited June 23
    Maybe antivirus's issue?!

@LanGerberVN, does the datascan star manually? Do you see progress bar?
    datascan.exe may be blocked as well as acmkmgr.exe - make sure your antivirus and policies are not blocking - add to your exceptions
    no, it not running. I checked in antivirus blocking list, the datascan.exe not in.
    The acmkmgr.exe does work normally.
    1. Check please is the datascan present in proper folder. Find last one from shortcut properties in autostart...
    2. Try to launch datascan maually with stopped antivirus. Do you see progress bar?

3. The datascan should n't be running permanently.
    After running datascan, run Check One Storage Area-Verbose to fix specific database mismatch errors at the storage area level. Is this a V7-8 or 9 storage area? Depending on software version, if data was originally V7 format, the data check will not fix the problem since V7 storage data is read only. It must be upgraded to V8 or V9 to fix.
    Thank Vasyl, and Kathy!
    Yes, the file was there, and and should run once at starting the PC, but it not.
    And the Ctrl-F5 can do datascan, but I need it to run when PC start cause client doesn't want to press ctrl-F5 every time.
    It seems to me that you have not met this issue. I finally fixed it by putting it to startup folder so it forced to run at starting up.
    But I still wonder if this is AM V12.2.0 bug or PC issue?
    Regards,

edited June 25
    The datascan should autostart just acmkmngr startred. Cos you may check is it same there.
    Close all AccuMark's apps and stop acmkmangr process. Start last one manually and check is the datascan starts (progress bar, some process in process's manager). If not, then repeat with closed antivirus. Not just stopped.

PS: exactly you may install 12.2.on same licence. If i'm correct
    "PS: exactly you may install 12.2.on same licence. V12.0? 
    Cause I checked all over and over again, removed, reinstalled with stopped antivirus, nothing worked. So I fixed it by putting to startup folder to force it to run.
    Do you use regular win10 or ltsb?
    Vasyl said:
    Do you use regular win10 or ltsb?
    Yes, Regular win10
    edited July 7
    @LanGerberVN
    I just noticed small detail at the first post. You set up a shared drive using one drive. Is this in the cloud? AccuMark does not support wide area network or cloud drives. We use SQL Server for that type of setup which works very well for remote drives. You can use network drives on local area networks but once you go outside of a building it will not work well. Sometimes VPN to the drive will work but it is not designed for this type of access and therefore, you will get mismatch and data errors as the storage area updates cannot keep up with refresh over a wide area network unless using SQL server. 

Solution: in WANs copy the data over RDP or VPN locally. Do the AccuMark pattern work and then copy it back to the remote drive. This works well. Not ideal but will work when you do not have SQL.
  • bickinbickin Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    hi, I showed same problem our costumer. The problem is onedrive. Because its scanning and then checking changing log. I noted that I changed cloud storage application to yandex disk drive.
    @bickin yes, agreed. The .ctl files in the storage area and login ctl must stay sync for data and storage area content to be accurate. This includes datascan.
    @Kathy Valade
    Thank you for information, but it is not the case, data was on local drive. Just don't know why the datascan does not run. I had removed and reinstalled AM, but problem still there.
    antivirus tools will stop datascan.exe so be sure that your tool has exceptions for acmkmgr.exe and datascan.exe You should also be listing the entire folders noted in the troubleshooting doc installed in IT Manual folder.