Does View-Position work when exporting a zip?

louisesantiagolouisesantiago Channel Partner Member
Hi,

I made a placement of my pattern pieces and saved them using Position under the View tab.
I made a zip file and was hoping the placement of my pattern pieces would be the same but it disappeared. The defined placement wasn't there?
Isn't it one of the purposes for using that function that it should work when importing a pattern?

Louise

Comments

• VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    edited July 4
    Hi @louisesantiago.
    The position will dissapead just you you close PDS.
    To store it you've store !!!pieces (not model) with option "save position".
    I suppose it is storrin same were in Windows register. Cos it not came to zip file.

Sorry . I'm typing from smartphone in work trip.
  • Barry FuhrmanBarry Fuhrman Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi @louisesantiago
    Did @Vasyl 's solution work for you?

To clarify: in PDS, be sure to select the option to "Set Original Position" found in User Input. This will only be available in "Save Pieces" mode. 

Select the pieces you want saved and set into position. When you export the model and open it elsewhere, right click on the icon bar and select "Place All Positioned" in order to open the pieces into your work area AND retain their set position.  
  • louisesantiagolouisesantiago Channel Partner Member
    Hi Vasyl and Barry,

Thank you it worked! :smiley:

What about using it from View-Positions?
    Does that work only when you work in PDS and is not for when you export patterns?
  • Barry FuhrmanBarry Fuhrman Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi @louisesantiago
    Thank you for the clarification, and i apologize for misunderstanding the original question with View Position.

If you define the position in the View Position dropdown, it allows you to select the positions to save for later. Once the pieces are saved with Set Position, you can use the View tool to use that saved position while you are in PDS. I was able to get it to work when I exported the pieces, but it becomes a question of where that data is saved --- in the pieces or in the system.

If you import the attached AccuMark model and pieces, are you able to see a defined position under View Position called POS1?

• VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    edited July 8
    @Barry Fuhrman , I made some research and found the posithions saved inside pieces.

And i got disappointment.  Before i supposed the positions workd with Categories. And defined this one on some model can be applied to enother for pieces with same categories.
    That would be grate. Can GerberTechnology think about this feature!?!?

@louisesantiago , Aftre saving pieces with Option "save position". A pieces will export import shoud transfer with positions.