Export DXF units in mm

When will Gerber be updating the software to allow you the option to Export DXF data in mm?

Comments

• Jaye BrownJaye Brown Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Beverly:

The option to export DXF in mm was made available in V12.0.  I hope this is clear and helpful.

Jaye.
  • I am on this Version and I don't see in DCU where you can change the option to EXPORT from cm to mm ?
  • I had this response from Lisa in April...........

Hello Beverley,
    Converting out of AccuMark in mm is still under construction, so for now, if you convert out of AccuMark it will still be in cm.  Keep a look out for information on future releases.  You can check back on the status of the item which has a reference number of APDS-5914, use this number when inquiring on this feature. Thank you for using Gerber Community.

• Jaye BrownJaye Brown Gerber Staff 💛
    edited June 24
    Hi Beverly:

My apologies...I was referring to the import option in DCU. 

The export options is based on your P-User Environment Table.

You would just select the table that has mm notation and export your files in DCU accordingly.

There is also located next to the DCU, DCU documents.  This is a very useful resource which outlines all of the possible options and settings in the DCU.  

I hope this is clear and helpful.

Jaye.

• I've already set the P user Environment to mm but any piece data doesn't EXPORT in mm, it only EXPORTS in CM and I don't get the option to change this in DCU.

I've read the documents and see nothing in there that will help unless I'm missing something?

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    If your storage area is in mm it should convert in mm, I tried it, I set mm in my storage area and exported the data, but the units in the dxf file only show metric.  Let me ask around and get back to this.
  • ty

I open the files up in AutoCAD and Cutworks and they are both in CM regardless of the User Environment set for mm.

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello Beverly,
    In v12 we now have the ability to set the units to mm, however, due to a system limitation AccuMark is not recording the correct value.  This is still under construction and we are working to have this corrected in V12.2.
    I would like to add your name and company name to our records.  If you  do not want to share your company name here please email me at [email protected]
  • Lisa, that's brilliant thank you.

Would very much welcome this.

• @lisa Lowell, do you know when V12.2 is due for release to solve the mm issues I had?