How do I copy a Measurement Template?

Erica ClendeningErica Clendening Posts: 70 Gerber Staff 💛
I would like to copy one of my measurement templates in order to create a new template. How do I do this? 
Tagged:

Answers

• Erica ClendeningErica Clendening Posts: 70 Gerber Staff 💛

In order to copy a measurement template, you should follow the below steps.

1. Go to the Control Panel and tree open the Measurements folder

2. Select Measurements Templates and open the template that you would like to copy

3. Select the copy button at the top of the template

4. Change the name to your preference

5. Fill out the Description and select the Class Range

6. Save and close

You have now created your new measurement template! You will be able to modify POMs, add size ranges, and more. Always make sure to save your changes before closing.

• Carlina BriscusoCarlina Briscuso Posts: 136 Gerber Staff 💛
    Thanks Erica!  I love the ability to copy templates!  Makes building new templates fast and easy! :smile:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Hi @Erica Clendening

Is there a possibility to copy measurement sheets in a style and change size range at the style level? 
    edited June 2019
    Hi @nisarga!

This is a great question!

Can you please provide an example of what you are wanting to do? For example, do you want to only change the size range, but keep the POMs, and Grades? 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Hi @Erica Clendening

Yes that's exactly what I was asking for. 
    Hi @nisarga!

You can change the size range of the style in the style header without affecting the measurement spec page. You cannot change only the size range and not impact the grades. If the newly selected template has the same Points of Measure, then these will not change, but the grades will always change when the size range changes.

In the Measurement Template, you can add size ranges to the template. This will keep the POMs but will not keep the tolerances and grades. This is located in the measurement template in the control panel as you can see in the below image.

In the Measurement Spec page, after selecting one template, you can select a different template to do one of two things. 

You can select other POMs to add to your existing measurement spec page. Please note that this will not always work if the template you are trying to copy from is not the same size range as the measurement spec template in use. This will add the selected POMs, tolerances, and grades to the existing measurement spec page.

You can also select a different size class/size range template to replace your existing POMs/tolerances/grades with the new template.