error exporting dxf with data conversion utility

Good afternoon,
I have been trying to export a pattern as a single astm/dxf using the Data Conversion utility.
When I process the file, I am getting an error that the conversion failed, but no details.
Has anyone had this issue before and could offer help?

Using Akkumark V9 as i am working for a brand and using their system.
This seems to only occur with this pattern I have created newly and not with existing patterns I have exported before.
exporting the pattern using data conversion utility and using a marker.
I have assigned my usual grade table to all pieces.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Is there another way to export pieces as a single DXF other than using the Data Conversion Utilitity?

I have been getting the 'error creating piece' message before when opening pieces in work area and model editor, but the exporting has been fine in the past.

thank you so much for your time
Tagged:

Comments

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Can you attach the data?
  • thank you so much for the quick reply!
    Unfortunately I am not allowed to attach any of the patterns.

However I have found out that all pieces are able to be exported, except the back piece of the jacket: When I export this piece by itself I still get the above error message.

Retrace the piece in pattern Design and see if that helps.
  • I have just done a copy of the piece and re-saved it. it did work now!
    thank you!

Has there been any new solutions for the 'cannot create piece' error? Unfortunately i am still receiving it when I open some of the patterns in PDS or Model editor?
    There is no image in the model editor for any of the pieces.  When that happens there is corruption with the pieces.  I cannot assist without the data.  You can email the data to [email protected] attention LisaLowell if you do not want to post the data here.  But I cannot really help without the data.
  • Sandro PalumboSandro Palumbo Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi all,
    i haven't a bird eye, but, probabily there is a "space" character before the "F" in the piece name AW19--01-L- FRT-JKT...  : remove it and try again. 
    The name of pieces, model, ecc must haven't special simbol (" " @ # ecc)
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    Certain symbols are not supported, especially when foreign characters are converted from one operating system to another - ie: chinese to english. In this case, you may get dashes to replace the unsupported character, depending on AccuMark version. The detection on import to AccuMark has changed between V9 and V10 and higher. Again, please reach out to [email protected] so we can check this piece for you. We are able to detect the root cause with our own utilities.