MP Plotter. Paper's end.

VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
There are issue with paper advance. Some time on first iteration, some on ... 4th plotter stoping with "papper ends" message. But  plotting OK.

Paper's sensor look like well

I'd unroll feeding roll. And got "paper end" while printing too.

Comments

• VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Next i made few MotorY tests.

Just power On

After plot.

and after fail while advancing

The customer have change roll. Same situation.

So what is real reason: paper encoder or MotorY?
  • Dave RogozDave Rogoz Gerber Staff 💛
    edited May 7
    I see this situation often occurring when a new roll of paper is installed. Sometimes, the mandrels (plastic cones) are not installed far enough into the paper core, causing slippage, the paper not moving and the error occurs. I would check to see the mandrels are inserted correctly into the paper core.
  • Krzysztof WojcikiewiczKrzysztof Wojcikiewicz Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Vasyl,

what is the behavior when you press paper feed button? Is the paper moving very fast and incorrect amount or with normal speed and expected distance?
    Clean the sensor eyes and white spots on the paper supply bar. Ensure the right side of the bar (the one with white spots) is as close as possible and well adjusted (the light from sensor has to go to white spot and reflect from the spot back to sensor)
    You can also try to close one "eye" of the sensor with masking tape and try.
    In worst case you can disable the sensor in plotter menu.

regards
    Krzysztof
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    Hi @Krzysztof Wojcikiewicz and @Dave Rogoz .
    Where i can disable the sensor in menu.
    Is the PK value correct on pic i attached?

There is no problem while plotting. Only while advance. No  matter button on plotter on command from User Interface. Some time it occure in fist advance itteration, some on 2nd or ... 3d.

I'll ask tommorow customer check roll fixed.
    Go to PARAM

scroll until you will find PAPER END
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Krzysztof Wojcikiewicz.
    The customer is far from me. And tomorrow we'll check it. As well as roll fixation.
    At this time i made marker for 1m length to advance paper. They plot it. And no problem.
    Vasyl,
    how about longer marker? With 1 m it is hard to say (if marker is short and paper end was triggered system will allow you to finish the marker)
    Try longer and let me know behavior of plotter after long press of paper feed button 

regards
    Krzysztof
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    @Krzysztof Wojcikiewicz, any longer marker 5-6m plotting well.
    The short empty marker I made just for advance. Until problem will be solve.