Import notches from Standard DXF file

Cindy PhanCindy Phan Gerber Staff 💛
When importing standard dxf files, be sure to select Scan Piece Perimeter and Scan Internal Lines (in the Notch Conversion tab in your DXF preferences) so if it detects a perimeter shape with measurements that match your notch table, it will turn it into AccuMark notches.

Be sure your notch table has a variety of measurements for the notches you typically use so it can find a notch to use (you can then change your notch type in PDS)

Comments

• Hi Cindy,
    I just wanted to know if Version 12, will they have a function to change the line notch or patternmaker notch to PDS actual notch ? I can't do grading when these are not the true notch. thanks

• Cindy PhanCindy Phan Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi @JosieHong,

The measurement of the notches on your imported piece must exist in the notch table so that it imports as notches, not internal lines as it appears on your screenshot.  If the pattern you are importing is from another Pattern Design system, you should be using the file type of astm dxf instead of standard dxf.
  • Thank You Cindy, yes, they are from different design system... Noted, I have to delete those & impose the real notch again.. I am trying to look for short cut ...because if I have several dxf imported like that in a day will cause me lots of time to do all.....
  • Cindy PhanCindy Phan Gerber Staff 💛
    @JosieHong as an ASTM dxf file, the notches should come through as AccuMark notches.  Please use ASTM dxf instead of Standard Dxf.