Help - Don't have AccuMark and need file converted

mcclarymcclary Posts: 3
I had someone make a pattern for me to make some jackets.  They made a few then decided they didn't want to make more.  I already paid for the pattern but need to make changes and print them out.  They gave me the files which I think are in a Accumark format.  I need to be able to get them into something I can work with like Illustrator, PDF, or DXF.  Is there anyone on here that can help me? 

Comments

• Jaye BrownJaye Brown Posts: 102 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi:

If the file is in an AccuMark format, then you will need to use our Data Conversion Utility to convert the file to a DXF.  Are you able to contact your pattern maker and ask them to send the pattern as a DXF?  

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Posts: 569 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello Andrew,

Do you have AccuMark?
  • mcclarymcclary Posts: 3
    I don't have AccuMark and my pattern maker and I parted on poor terms.  I was lucky to get the files I did.  They were 3 months late on my delivery and they didn't complete the ones they did according to our designs and it cost me lots of money.  I'm trying to salvage the project and make a couple in house by hand so I need to print the pattern.

I sent you an email, did you receive it?
  • mcclarymcclary Posts: 3
    I emailed you the file?  Were you able to get it an open it?
    I sent it back to you.
  • RealChanceRealChance Posts: 2
    Lisa,  I too am in a similar situation.  After months of begging and threatening with lawyers i finally got patterns i paid for.  However, they were sent as tmp files.  If i pass these to another factory will they be able to open them?  Ideally i would like to open them and see them to make sure they are even what i paid for.  I don't mind if they are just a pdf.  Any thoughts?
  • Jaye BrownJaye Brown Posts: 102 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello RealChance:

Based on my research...Generally, temporary files (tmp files) cannot be converted to anything else. Nevertheless, in rare situations a .tmp file might be just renamed file, but in most cases it's just a fragment of files saved for temporary reasons. But you can always try to rename the suffix from tmp to jpg and see how it goes.

You may also find some (often commercial) image recovering utilities on internet, but the results are usually poor and far from what you would expect for the cost.

Jaye.