Join the Discussion, and join the fun! Vote in polls, comment on solutions, ask questions, get help from Gerber staff, connect with other Gerber users, and expand your network. Click "register" to create a new account, or sign in and get started!

Cad Drawing ARC 90 Deg Flipping

dgaitherdgaither Posts: 3
edited January 29 in Packaging

I have started drawing corrugated packaging on Graphite.
We were using DraftSight and the M3000 worked fine.
Now the table software does a 90deg flip on half of the arcs, drawn.
Any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• cjsirois52cjsirois52 Posts: 4

Hello, My name is Chris and I am with in house Tech support. Can you give me a little more info? Does this happen in all jobs or just a few. As I am not familiar with Draft sight can you send me the Frontend file with a description of the issue. The first thing we need to do it figure is its machine or software.
    Thank You

Chris Sirois
    Gerber Service

• dgaitherdgaither Posts: 3
    edited February 1

Hi @cjsirois52 , the cad files are now drawn in Ashlar Graphite v10. I should not have mentioned DraftSight. This happens with all jobs that contain a fillet arc, you know connecting 2 lines meeting in a corner and you round them off with the rad tool. Half of them flip 90 degs. I was told that if I click-click a rad into a corner, to always click from left to right, it doesn't work that way. Half of the arcs flip 90 and half dont.
    I was told by Ashlar Graphite to export as IGES, but the front end of the cad table does not use IGES. Front end software seems to be called MFront Properties or WinFront for Gerber M3000 cad table corrugated packaging.

Don

Hello ,

I am not familiar with Ashlar Graphite v10. But I can check with my applications. What are the output file types? Can you send me a .dxf?

Thank You

Chris Sirois
    Gerber Service

Hello @dgaither , another note. Can you export as HPGL?

• dgaitherdgaither Posts: 3

Hi Chris
    Export types on my ver10 are most DXF, most DWG anf IGES
    I can not do HPGL or any forms of. It used to have it and DDes versions.
    The Gerber Table software doesnt read IGES.
    And.. for some reason this page does not accept my DXF file.
    I get a warning "file is not allowed"