Opening AccuMark 10.1. files in AccuMark 8.5

Hi!
I need to transfer some pattern files from my work place to my school, only at work we have AccuMark 10.1 and my school has AccuMark 8.5. Does anyone know, how do I save the files so that they are compatible with the older version of the software?

Tagged:

Comments

• hi;
    you should create a v8 folder in accumark explorer then copy your pieces and model to v8 area using v9 to v8 storage in file menu. after you made zip the pieces and the model in v8 area.

you can not copy or move marker or order to v8 area from v9 area.

• VasylVasyl ✭✭
    Hi.
    Exactly, you have not copy but use export v9 to v8.
    And, yes - model/pieces only. Not markers
  • Kathy_ValadeKathy_Valade Gerber Staff 💛

This is correct, only V9 models and pieces can be exported to V8 storage areas. The Export V9 Models/Pieces to V8 function in AM-Explorer will convert the data when a model is selected.

• Thanks for all of your help guys! I followed your advice today and used the v9 to v8 storage tool and everything seemed to be going fine. Then I made a zip file and took it to school, but then I couldn't open the files at school. They were .tmp files, did I do something wrong? I will try again tomorrow when I go to work, but if anyone has any idea what I should try next, help is very appreciated :D

How did you try to open them? An AccuMark zip file is made up of .tmp files. If you exported the files from a V8 storage area as an AM zip file (the new area with the converted model/pieces), the zip file should be imported on your V8 system using a V8 storage area.

• VasylVasyl ✭✭
    To get zip(tmp) in school you have use Accumark Explorer and File - import (zip) command.
    Not need extract before....
    Once I met situation when after install some archivarot (7zip or else) function File-import stop works cos zip-file opens in 7zip...
    Only uninstall 7zip and clearing registry, reinstall AccuMark fixed this

Correct. AccuMark zip files are created on one AccuMark and imported on another AccuMark. On the source AccuMark it should be using Export to Zip - not a third party zip program. AccuMark Import Zip does not launch other zip programs unless you double clicked on the zip file in a Windows folder. That would happen due to Windows program file associations. You should be able to have third party zip programs and AccuMark running on same system. We do it all the time. But sometimes registry changes may impact programs--- and at a school there is a potential for this, especially with the additional restrictions put on client systems like "deep freeze".