Join the Discussion, and join the fun! Vote in polls, comment on solutions, ask questions, get help from Gerber staff, connect with other Gerber users, and expand your network. Click "register" to create a new account, or sign in and get started!

Has anyone experienced AccuScan program failure after downloading Windows 8 update?

Aubrie_MeyerAubrie_Meyer Posts: 4
edited November 2017 in AccuMark

AccuScan was working great until I downloaded an update for Windows 8 from either 10/27 or 11/4. I have tried reinstalling the Accuscan software, and I get the same error. The program will not open.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Aubrie_MeyerAubrie_Meyer Posts: 4
    edited January 18 Accepted Answer

I discovered the reason for the problem today. It was not a Windows 8 issue at all, it was a McAfee LiveSafe issue. McAfee had decided to quarantine a safenet sentinal file on 11/12/2017, and the ACCUSCAN.EXE file on 11/18/2017, preventing me from opening AccuScan. I have excluded them from quarantine, and am now able to run the program.

Answers

• LisaLowellLisaLowell Posts: 45 mod

Hello Aubrie, What version of AccuScan is this? Are you using a camera for image files or a physical scanner?

• Aubrie_MeyerAubrie_Meyer Posts: 4
    edited December 2017

Version 10.0.0.351. I am using a camera for image files.

Hello Aubrie, I have used AccuScan on win 7, 8, 8,1 and 10 without issues. What is the maker of the computer?

• HP Envy 27, running Windows 8.1 Pro.
    When the problem first occurred, the application opened, but the second I clicked on it, it disappeared. I got a pop-up telling me the "scanner.dll" cannot be found. It was in the application file though. From that point, the application would not open at all. I ran the Accumark CD "repair", and was able to get the user box back, but a repeat of the original problem instantly came back.
    I'm wondering if it may be a MacAfee security issue? I also use a HP Envy 7640 desktop scanner/printer. I noticed there is the same file name "scanner.dll" in that application.
    Thank you for your attention to this.

Hello Aubrie,
    I'm not sure I understand. If you are using the camera for image files, what is the HP scanner for? What company is this for? Are you able to contact Cad Support? I have limited functionality here in this chat and can better assist you through Cad Support. You can open a call at 800.321.2448 or email Cadsupport@gerbertechnology.com, you can ask for me. Lisa Lowell

• DallaskingsDallaskings Posts: 13 admin

@Aubrie_Meyer,
    Great to hear you found the culprit and great info to share with others who might be troubleshoorting the same issue!