Join the Discussion, and join the fun! Vote in polls, comment on solutions, ask questions, get help from Gerber staff, connect with other Gerber users, and expand your network. Click "register" to create a new account, or sign in and get started!

Accumark--Alteration Rules

cistookcistook Posts: 4

I am having issues with V 10.3 using the Alteration rules and size code tables to generate altered patterns. I was able to create altered size patterns within PDS without issue in the previous version but now the patterns are blowing up and becoming weirdly shaped. Is there a fix I need to know about.

In earlier versions I was able to order custom fit patterns within the order editor, but have not been successful with the recent updates. If someone can provide directions for that, I'd appreciate it. The help menu does not provide enough depth to be helpful.

Answers

• Kathy_ValadeKathy_Valade Posts: 33 mod

The order can be just as effective with processing alterations with size codes as PDS. In either case, this appears to be an isolated situation. Please contact CAD Support and attach screenshots and data so someone can assist you. cadsupport@gerbertechnology.com or 1-800-321-2448

• AnjellaAnjella Posts: 3

A couple of things to check... How many digits are your point numbers? I experienced an oddity with 5 digit point numbers and alterations. I believe that was on v10.3. I changed the point numbers and all was well. This has been corrected on 10.4.
    Check the alteration rules for any rules that may have 0's in the amount fields. The alteration rules have specific movements for 0's now and if you have 0's as place holders in your rule, that could affect your shape on your pieces now.

• VasylVasyl Posts: 18
    The customer got problem related with alterations.
    They use a tallnes grading extra to sizes.
    But miss alterations table in order. !!!order was process successful!!! No one warning!!!
    Later we found warning in log, but marker was cut wrong.
    How to fix it?! I mean turn on any warning massage after process order.

There is no rule that requires the alteration table in the order. If it is missing, the order will still process. What was the warning in log you are referring to?

edited December 2017
    There is mass "imposible to make alteration PantBott"....
    Exactly masseges with all alteration rules in log.
    If sizecode is present, but missed alteration then all rules are requested but not defined?!

And, yes - order still processed. But with result "successful". That is problem - no any warning.

If the alteration table is not in the order, the order can still be processed. Sometimes Size Code tables are used to indicate a different size name, not necessarily to alter the pieces. That is why the order does not fail. If you would like to see a "warning" message when alteration rules are present in the size code, please submit a Problem and Enhancement Report so Product Management and Engineering can consider adding this option. It is a good idea.

edited December 2017
    Ok. I will.

I was shocking cos if laylimits use missed blockbuffer rule then operator see warning. And nothing with missed alteration.

All the tables come together in the order. Still, there could be similar block buffer tables, all with a rule 1. The table name in the order determines the rule that will be used.